The London Necropolis Railway opened in 1854 with one aim in mind. This train line was the morbid solution to severe overcrowding in London's graveyards. In the midst of a cholera outbreak, the London Necropolis Railway escorted coffins upon coffins to Brookwood Cemetery in Surrey.
Deep underneath Waterloo Tube Station lays what is rumoured to be the remains of this notorious station, this underground morgue.
* * * * *
Closed since 1941, Apocalypse Events took guests deep under Waterloo Station to re-discover the secrets of this forgotten locations. With centuries of disease, poverty and crime locked away, this immersive horror experience was designed to explore London's dark past.
This experience ran October to November 2014 and in May 2015.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Trapped in a Room with a Zombie
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected performance to sign release forms and mentally be prepare for your escape attempt. Once the door to the room is locked, it will not be reopened until the session is finished. There will be no refunds or transfers allowed if members of the group leave the room during the experience.
- You will not be permitted into the experience if you appear intoxicated or it is noticeable that you have been drinking alcohol.
- Cell phones & tools are strictly prohibited during the event. If you use a cell phone, tool or any outside device during the event you will be escorted from the room immediately.
- Please do not touch the zombie or actors. The zombie will only touch you if they get close enough to tag you out of the game. If the zombie does tag you, you must stand in the corner of the room and will be no longer allowed to search for clues, but you can participate verbally.
- Do not force or break items. Locks and drawers will open if you have the correct combination. If something is not opening, do not break it to get it open.
- All participants will need to sign a waiver on arrival. No one will be admitted to the experience without reading and signing this first.
- Children under 16 will need to accompanied by a paying adult.
- The experience is not suitable for children under the age of 14 and pregnant women are advised not to attend.
- Participants in consideration of being permitted to participate in the Trapped In A Room With A Zombie event and any activities in connection with Trapped In A Room With A Zombie, acknowledge the risks and hazards involved in and arising from the attending, participating in, or as a spectator or bystander, of any event at Trapped In A Room With A Zombie including, but not limited to the additional risks of being bitten, hit by flying objects, falling, and does for himself or herself, his or her heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, release and forever discharge Room Escape Adventures, LTD, their officers, members, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, owners, employees, their heirs, of and from any and every claim, demand, action or right of action, of whatsoever kind or nature, either in law or in equity arising from or by reason of any bodily injury or personal injuries known or unknown, death and / or property damage resulting or to result from any accident which may occur as a result of participation in Trapped In A Room With A Zombie or any activities in connection with Trapped In A Room With A Zombie, whether by negligence or non-negligence or from any and all other incidents of harm and / or ill-will.
- Participants agree that Room Escape Adventures, LTD or any of its assign's has the right to any photos or any video/sound footage of me during the Trapped In A Room With A Zombie event.
- Participants must fully understand that there are no refunds under any conditions once they purchase the entrance fee.
Zombie S.W.A.T Training
No one will be allowed to participate until they have had a safety briefing and signed the scare disclaimer. The briefing will only commence when all players have arrived and been kitted up. Please ensure you arrive on time to avoid missing the briefing and holding up the session for everyone else. THOSE WHO ARRIVE LATE AND MISS THEIR BRIEFING MAY BE DENIED ACCESS INTO THE EXPERIENCE.
- All bookings must be fully paid for in advance. Additional players not pre-paid will be charged full price on entry. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AVAILABILITY FOR ANY PLAYERS NOT PRE-BOOKED.
- Once confirmed and paid for, all bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable. This includes standard event sessions, party and food/drinks packages and venue hire.
- Any offers advertised are not valid in conjunction with any other promotions, such as off-peak rates or discounts from third parties. Apocalypse Events reserves the right to remove or refuse any offers at any time at the discretion of the management.
- Apocalypse Events booking is a paperless process. Please bring your email confirmation on the day.
- We recommend that players wear old clothes and trainers/boots to the event.
- Apocalypse Events scare attractions are not suitable for under 14 and anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Anyone who is under the influence of alcohol will be refused entry to Bunker 51. The manager on-site reserves the right to refuse entry or remove from the event any participants who are seen to not be following the site safety rules. There will be no refunds under these circumstances.
- No physical contact with the actors is permitted. Anyone participants who are seen to act towards our staff in a threatening or abusive manner will be immediately rejected from the experience and no refunds will be given.
- Apocalypse Events holds Public Liability Insurance, however Personal Accident insurance is not included and is for your own arrangement and expense.